Thursday, June 18, 2009

Evil At Heart by Chelsea Cain


Shop Indie Bookstores


Gretchen Lowell is still on the loose. These days, she’s more of a cause célèbre than a feared killer, thanks to sensationalist news coverage that has made her a star. Her face graces magazine covers weekly and there have been sightings of her around the world. Most shocking of all, Portland Herald reporter Susan Ward has uncovered a bizarre kind of fan club, which celebrates the number of days she’s been free.

Archie Sheridan hunted her for a decade, and after his last ploy to catch her went spectacularly wrong, remains hospitalized months later. When they last spoke, they entered a détente of sorts---Archie agreed not to kill himself if she agreed not to kill anyone else. But when a new body is found accompanied by Gretchen’s trademark heart, all bets are off and Archie is forced back into action. Has the Beauty Killer returned to her gruesome ways, or has the cult surrounding her created a whole new evil? (From Amazon)

Check back for my review

Release date: September 1st.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

I love Chelsea Cain, I've got this one in my pile, but I'm holding off for a while since it's not coming out right away...but jeez, its killing me, I want to read it NOW!!!

Minding Spot said...

Totally jealous you have this!!

Happy Reading!!

Kristie said...

Oh... I am so envious that you have this! I will be anticipating your review! Happy Reading!!!

Lori's Reading Corner said...

I might be persuaded to share with some of my PBS friends :)

Becky W. said...

This sounds really good. I've never read this author, so I'm looking forward to your review!

Kristie said...

Becky, if you love suspense books, you must check out this series. I would recommend you start at the beginning though. Such a great book/series and something really different than anything else out there.

Lori- must you tease us all?!? lol