Friday, December 18, 2009

Friday Fill-Ins


1. No, we will NOT go quietly
2. He sat and read the paper at the old kitchen table.
3. I watched the steam rising from the hot cup of coffee (or tea) and thought: how soon before it cools off enough for me to drink it?
4. Knows that eventually it is going to be okay.
5. I'll take some sleep, any sleep!
6. The day will not be over fast enough, at least from my point of view.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to relaxing and catching up on some TV, tomorrow my plans include getting my hair done, bringing my nieces their Chanukkah presents, reading and relaxing and Sunday, I want to read & sleep!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Relaxing is most definitely not on my agenda this weekend, sadly. It's hurry up and finish all the shopping! I am in my officially insane phase, where I try to make sure I have enough for my 3 girls and that everything is pretty even. Of course, what ends up happening is that I get too much for everyone! Every year I say it will be different and every year it isn't.

My reading plans (hahahahahah) include "The House on Tradd Street," which I found out about on a blog, and which I just started before falling asleep last night, and reading cookbooks for ideas. Right now, in addition to some great cooking web sites I've found, I also am reading about The Perfect Formula Diet which is based on eating whole foods. The author did what so many of us do -- went through all kinds of unsuccessful weight loss attempts, plus numerous chronic illnesses. But now she says she's in perfect health, at a great weight, and at age 57 takes no prescription drugs, because she has good cholesterol, blood pressure, glucose levels, etc. I lost a bunch of weight several years ago, but put back on 15 (now only 12!). So I'm looking for ways to get back and stay back! Not as fun as my novel, but very interesting and informative, and good for my life.

And there is fun on tap for the weekend. We're taking the girls (and 2 boyfriends) to downtown Chicago for some Christmas fun. We may see "White Christmas" on the big screen -- the day definitely includes fabulous pizza and a wonderful light display. So even though I have too much to do to be going, I will -- and we'll have a great time.

Unknown said...

It does seem to take long for hot things to cool down. Have great weekend!