Thursday, October 8, 2009

Dead Celebs by Michele Scott

Head on over to Michele Scott's website Adventures in Writing and read all about the new book she's writing. Here's what she has to say about it ~

In this particular storyline, I have one character who is really a heinous person. She just is. But to me she's also hysterical. Her favorite word is the "f" word, which makes my poor heroine cringe at the sound of. My dear friend Jessica Park (also an amazing author--read her Gourmet Girl mysteries, you will love them) has read quite a bit of this story and also agrees that this heinous character is funny and that yes, her use of the "f" bomb is true to character. I am not one to use this word on a regular basis, although it has occasionally slipped from my mouth and typically if I am in physical pain. And I know that finding a character who says this all the time funny, might seem juvenile, but I can't help myself from laughing at her and the usage of the word.

And here's a little teaser ~

My name is Evie Duncan and I hang out with dead rock stars, and occasionally a dead movie star or two might suddenly waltz across the living room. I know, weird, huh? Trust me. I think so too. One night I actually watched Fred Astaire lift Ginger Rogers off her feet right in the middle of the kitchen, and I went to grab my coffee cup, because I was sure Ginger was going to knock it off the center aisle. Ah but as luck would have it, her pretty little shoe went right through the cup. I’ve discovered that ghosts can walk right through you or any object for that matter—just like in the movies. That part is true from what we all “think” we know about ghosts, but I’ve learned quite a bit more about them over the past few months.

If you want to read more of Chapter one, just click here
. And make sure to watch the trailer too.




1 comment:

Sheila Deeth said...

Wow. I loved that introduction. Especially the shoes going right through the cup.