Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Teaser Tuesday


It’s that time of week again, everyone, and time for the Tuesday Teaser.
Again the reminder of what this is all about. We are asked to:
  1. Grab your current read.
  2. Let the book fall open to a random page.
  3. Share two teaser sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  4. Share the title of the book that the “teaser” comes from, so people can find the book if they like the teaser.
  5. And again remember – avoid spoilers.
Here's mine ~

Lucy's eyes hardened. "I won't be sitting around twiddling my thumbs. I'm going to look for the killer. Her family, her assistant, XXXXXX. There are plenty of people with motive, so I need to move fast before alibis get created and people practice their stories on each other"

This teaser comes from
The Battered Body: A Supper Club Mystery by J.B. Stanley. What's YOUR teaser?

2 comments:

Liz said...

This one sounds good -- I'm glad I happened upon this site. OK, your site seems to be mostly mysteries (so I'll come back for mystery possibilities!)

I'm currently reading a memoir, about survival during World War II: Abandoned and Forgotten. The book covers 8 years of the author's childhood and emphasizes what war does to people and how it impacts the innocent civilian population. Very powerful.



This is from page 5:

"What we did not know at the time was that the Red Army had already broken through the German lines
and had surrounded our part of East Prussia in a pincer maneuver. They blocked all avenues to safety, thus condemning most of the East
Prussian population to an unfathomably cruel fate."

Anonymous said...

I've heard great things about this series. Thanks for the teaser.