Thursday, June 5, 2008

Booking Through Thursday


Have your book-tastes changed over the years? More fiction? Less? Books that are darker and more serious? Lighter and more frivolous? Challenging? Easy? How-to books over novels? Mysteries over Romance?

Absolutely. I used to read mostly romance and mysteries. I hardly ever read traditional romances anymore. I still love my mysteries and now, thanks to my friends at PBS, have found a whole new sub-genre in cozies! I also read a lot of romantic suspsense. I also never "challenged" myself each year. Now I'm trying out some differnent challanges. A "complete the series challenge", which I've finished. I've got 6 authors left on my "new to me author challenge". And I'm about 40% done on my challenge to read 10 more books this year than last year.

4 comments:

Trisha said...

I saw a similar response about PBS on another BTT post. I'll ask you the same thing, what books were you inspired to read by PBS? The only books I can think of that PBS would inspire are Jane Austen novels.

Darcie said...

You have been tagged. :) For a 24 hour read-a-thon meme. It's at http://readingderby.blogspot.com/2008/06/read-thon-meme.html Hope you have fun filling it out - I am looking forward to your responses! :)

Lori's Reading Corner said...

I think that was on my friend Mel's blog you saw a similar post. Mel and some other friends turned me on to cozies.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Yep, I've found a TON of my wish list books through PBS. I don't hang around the forums much or I'd probably be adding to that wish list, but it's big enough right now. Bigger than PBS lets me have...