Friday, December 26, 2008

The Ghost & The Dead Deb




Bookshop owner Penelope Thornton-McClure wants her resident sleuth-ghost, Jack, to stop haunting her customers. But when a pretty author is murdered, Jack can't rest in peace.

When I first started this series, I was hesitant to believe the concept of Penelope and Jack's Ghost. But I think Ms. Kimberly has done an excellent job in putting these two together. When a "hot topic" author is murdered, Penelope will once again stop at nothing to prevent someone she knows from being railroaded into an arrest. And with the help of Jack, she is able to do just that. Especially when she finds out the key to "releasing" Jack from the confines of the book store. I love how Jack relates a case from his past, and how it relates to Penelope figuring out the current murder she finds herself involved in. I really enjoyed the hint of romance between Penelope and Jack and can't wait to see how this develops with upcoming books.

No comments: