Monday, December 8, 2008

The Agency


The Agency by Ally O'Brien (ARC) ~~


Meet Tess Drake. She’s earned everything she has. Now it’s time to get what she deserves…

Sexy super-agent Tess Drake has worked hard to make a name for herself in the glamorous yet cut-throat entertainment industry. Tess works at an international agency, where she skillfully manages some of the world's biggest egos—her company, Bardwell International operates in the thrilling, fast-paced worlds of Rights, wrongs and revenge. Tess has been an agent there for longer than she cares to remember and now she's in trouble. Real trouble. After the mysterious death of the agency's senior partner, Lowell Bardwright, Tess's sworn enemy, Cosima Tate, has taken over and would do anything to send Tess's career down in flames. And Cosima is only one of the rogue’s gallery of agents in London and New York who want Tess to take a fall.

Tess has another little complication, too. She’s sleeping with men on both sides of the Atlantic who are in bed with the women who are trying to sink her.
Can Tess jump ship without losing her clients and breaking her heart? Or will she lose everything before finding out if she really has what it takes to do what she’s always wanted?

There’s risk and reward in this wickedly funny novel that turns the world of agenting inside out and lays bare all the ambition, sex, adrenaline, bad luck, and good luck at the center of one young woman’s success.

I was all prepared not to read this book because I know who one of the authors really is, and I didn't want to be let down if this book wasn't up to his usual standards. I'm so glad I changed my mind though. I thought this book was hysterical. Tess Drake is a hoot. She speaks her mind so freely you often think- man how I'd love to be able to get away with saying something like that! She's smart, sexy and knows exactly what she wants!! When her strongest supporter at her agency dies Tess feels it's time to go out on her own. But can she make it? Will her clients follow or will someone sabotage her and leave her on her own? When her worst fears happen Tess doesn't know who to trust ~ her new boss who she can't stand but seems to want her to stay, her married lover or even mega earning client. Or will she be her own worst enemy? In the end the culprits will shock you, but you won't be completely surprised. Although there is one not 100% believable aspect to the story ~ I'd LOVE for it to happen to me :) I am so glad I picked up this book as I really Tess and her fiestiness. I hope our two mysterious authors write more with this sassy, fun character.

1 comment:

Julie P. said...

I just got this one in the mail today! :)