Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Traveling Through Tuesday



Do you like to read books that set in a certain city, state, or country? Do you ever find a town in a book that just calls your name and you can't wait to tell someone about it?

Well here is the place to spotlight the book we are currently reading with my new meme Traveling Through Tuesday.

I love to read books that are set in around Boston as that's where I live. I love being able to visualize the settings in a book and being able to "place" myself right there with the characters. So, anytime I discover a book is set there, it makes me want to read it that much more. Books like The Gourmet Girls series by Susan Conant & Jessica Conant-Park, Truly, Madly by Heather Webber, and the Frank Clevenger series by Keith Ablow are a few that come to mind that are set in Boston. Do you have a favorite book set in Beantown?

What are your favorite settings in books? What location would you love to visit?

A huge thank you to Jen over at Crazy For Books for this wonderful NEW meme idea!

So, if you'd like to participate, just repost this, sign MckLinky below, and check out other blogs in MckLinky! Let's check out where our book blogger friends have been and where they're going.

Town In a Blueberry Jam (CANDY HOLLIDAY MYSTERY) by B.B. Haywood

Welcome to the quaint, but fictional, seaside village of Cape Willington, Maine. Candy Holliday has moved here to help her father run Blueberry Acres farm. All of Cape Willington is getting ready for the Annual Blueberry Festival set right in the heart of what could be considered Main Street, Anywhere U.S.A. This book has it all, the hominess of a small time and the warmth of an ocean breeze on a beautiful summer day. Cape Willington is definitely a place I'd like to visit.

Instructions: Add your BLOG NAME in the Title with a link to your book blog Since this is just getting started, spreading the word would be awesome!!!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

I haven't read any of this series, but I love books set in Maine, so I think I need to check them out!!

dollycas aka Lori said...

I am already doing The Literary Road Trip for books set in my home state of Wisconsin or Wisconsin Authors, but I also like books set on the coasts. The book I just finished by Earlene Fowler was set on the coast in middle California and today I am starting the Gray Whale Inn series by Karen MacInerney, which I assume is on the coast of Maine, but I really like books set on the North Carolina coast because several years ago we had the best family vacation there ever and it was so beautiful. Great MEME should be fun!!!

Becky LeJeune said...

I really love reading books set in the UK -- actually, thrillers set in the UK are the best.

Being from Louisiana, of course I enjoy books set there, especially when they get it right.

And for some reason, I really enjoy books set in exotic places. I've read quite a few in India so far. Looking for more odd places now.

Missy B. said...

I love books set in Florida. I used to live there, and there is something about Florida with its swamps, gators, and live oak trees that is so appealing to me! Favorites include Before Women Had Wings by Connie May Fowler and As Hot As It Was You Ought To Thank Me by Nanci Kincaid.

Jeanne C. said...

Love, love, love turn of the century New York! Thanks for this idea!

dollycas aka Lori said...

Today my Traveling Through Tuesday takes me off the coast of Maine with The Gray Whale Mysteries by Karen MacInerney.

http://dollycas.blogspot.com/