Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Teaser Tuesday


It’s that time of week again, everyone, and time for the Tuesday Teaser.
Again the reminder of what this is all about. We are asked to:
  1. Grab your current read.
  2. Let the book fall open to a random page.
  3. Share two teaser sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  4. Share the title of the book that the “teaser” comes from, so people can find the book if they like the teaser.
  5. And again remember – avoid spoilers.
Here's mine ~

After seven rings she left off flossing and answered the telephone, bracing herself. Very little good news arrived after ten o'clock in the evening.
"Hello?" she said warily.
The whispered answer was intelligible.
"Ruth, is that you?" Helma asked.
"Shh. Just come pick me up."
"Why? And where are you?"
"I'm not in a bar. I'm cold sober and I'm not in trouble. At least not yet."

My teaser comes from Index to Murder: A Miss Zukas Mystery (Miss Zukas Mysteries) by Jo Dereske. What's YOUR teaser?

3 comments:

CMash said...

Your's is definitely teaser!!! Going to put that down on my TBR list.
http:cmashlovestoread.blogspot.com

Becky LeJeune said...

I'm reading Wendy Clinch's Double Black, A Ski Diva Mystery -- my bookmarks is halfway through and we're talking spoiler material. So I'm just doing the first line of the book:

When Stacey Curtis found the dead man in the bed, she knew it was time to get her own apartment.

Lori's Reading Corner said...

I've had my eye on that one Becky. You'll have to let me know how it is when you're done ;)