On December 2nd, Denis Leary—one of America’s most original and biting comic satirists—will turn his irreverent eye and scathing humor on everything you love and cherish with a hilarious, illustrated collection of Tweets. Like a quiver of arrows, SUCK ON THIS YEAR: LYFAO @ 140 Characters or Less will hit you where it hurts—and you’ll love it
Leary’s first reaction to the Twitter universe was to run the other direction. But then he realized that all of the jokes he was making casually to friends were going to waste unless he had a stand-up comedy tour coming up. The jokes just came and then disappeared. So he decided to give Twitter a try, and once he started, he couldn’t stop. Thus—this book. Or mini-book. Or celebrity coaster.
Here’s a sampling for your reading pleasure:
● This just in: Vatican acquires Neverland Ranch.
● Arizona residents: “We’re sick of being called racists.” That’s the thing about Arizona: it’s a dry hate.
● Lindsay Lohan to play Linda Lovelace in pornstar biopic. Exactly whose reputation is at stake here?
● Lettuce recalled in 23 states: Experts fear it could affect up to 5 Americans.
● New Jersey worried about oil residue on beaches. Not from Gulf spill. From cast of Jersey Shore.
A portion of the proceeds from this book will go towards Leary’s charity—The Leary Firefighters Foundation—so not only are readers improving their own lives by reading this and laughing out loud, they’re also helping a firefighter somewhere in America gain some invaluable training. Plus, SUCK ON THIS YEAR will make the perfect gift book this holiday season, and let’s be honest, it’s a lot more fun than those winter socks or hand-knit sweater or most of your relatives.
Thanks to Penguin, I have one (1) copy of this book to give away. Please note that the contest will end on November 29th, but the book will not be mailed until the release date - December 2nd.
GIVEAWAY Rules for entering:
- This contest is open to residents of USA residents only!
- Please complete the form below - do not leave information in the comments - it will not count.
- The contest will end on November 29, 2010 at 11:59PM EST; 1 winners will be selected and contacted thereafter.
- Once the winner is contacted, they will have 48 hours to respond to my email or another winner will be chosen (make sure to check your spam filters!).
- Book will be shipped directly from Penguin.