Monday, April 12, 2010

A visit from Camille Minichino (Margaret Grace)

I am SO happy to have Camille stop by today and share one of her miniature scenes with us. I am a huge fan of the miniature series, as the relationship between Geraldine and her granddaughter Maddie reminds me of me and my grandmother.
 
Many people think "cute" when they hear about dollhouses and miniatures. Not me. I think "crime scene!"
Here's one I made to celebrate last week's release of my 13th mystery, MONSTER IN MINIATURE.
Note the vase on the floor. It's a real bullet casing. A friend was cleaning out her grandmother's attic and came upon a large box of dollhouse furniture and kits. Of course I was happy to take it off her hands.
Among the tiny bathtubs and lamps were two bullet casings. I can hardly wait to begin writing that story!


 Camille Minichino has published eight novels in the Periodic Table Mysteries series, featuring retired physicist GLORIA LAMERINO. The series continues in short stories on Kindle and smashwords.com.
As Margaret Grace, she's published five novels in the Miniature Mysteries series, featuring miniaturist GERALDINE PORTER and her 10-year-old granddaughter, Maddie.
As Ada Madison, she's poised to release a new series, Academic Mysteries, featuring college professor SOPHIE KNOWLES. Look for a synopsis of the first book soon.

Camille received her Ph.D. in physics from Fordham University, New York City. She is currently on the faculty of Golden Gate University, San Francisco and on the staff of Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory. Camille is on the boards of the California Writers Club and NorCal Sisters in Crime. She's a member of NorCal Mystery Writers of America and SF Romance Writers of America.

Monster in Miniature (A Miniature Mystery) is available for order today!
Visit Camille at her blog HERE 
Click HERE to see a gallery of miniature scenes done by Margaret Grace
Camille blogs at KILLER HOBBIES blog: http://www.killerhobbies.blogspot.com/
on Tuesdays. 






2 comments:

Jeanne C. said...

love, love, love this author! I won a contest awhile back and she made me my very own "miniature"! So lovely!
Will be interested to get to her new series!

Camille Minichino said...

Hi Jeanne, I'm glad the mini is holding up!