Mason "Mace" Perry was a firebrand cop on the D.C. police force until she was kidnapped and framed for a crime. She lost everything-her badge, her career, her freedom-and spent two years in prison. Now she's back on the outside and focused on one mission: to be a cop once more. Her only shot to be a true blue again is to solve a major case on her own, and prove she has the right to wear the uniform. But even with her police chief sister on her side, she has to work in the shadows: A vindictive U.S. attorney is looking for any reason to send Mace back behind bars. Then Roy Kingman enters her life.
Roy is a young lawyer who aided the poor until he took a high-paying job at a law firm in Washington. Mace and Roy meet after he discovers the dead body of a female partner at the firm. As they investigate the death, they start uncovering surprising secrets from both the private and public world of the nation's capital.
Soon, what began as a fairly routine homicide takes a terrifying and unexpected turn-into something complex, diabolical, and possibly lethal.
A huge thank you to Hatchett books for allowing me to give away 3 copies of this great book.
- U.S. addresses only please
- Leave a comment here with your email address or PBS ID (I need to have a way to get in touch with you!)
- Follow my blog (on lower right sidebar) ~ get an extra entry
- Rate my blog (on left sidebar)~ get an extra entry
- Blog about it ~ get an extra entry
- Tweet about it ~ get an extra entry